I always thought it would be kewl if I needed a report during an off-site meeting that was on my laptop, which I left at work, because I was invited to this meeting just to listen, so I quickly whip out my cellphone and download the needed report from my laptop to my phone to save the day. With that in mind, I started in on some research last weekend to see if I could access my computer from my Samsung Blackjack. What I stumbled across was a free service provided by Avvenu called Access n’ Share. Avvenu Access n’ Share let’s you access the files on up to 10 computers from any web enabled machine, including your Windows Smartphone for Free… Freakin’ Sweet!
The process to set up an account was simple:
- I first had to download the Avvenu Access Share Connector application from the Avvenu website.
- Next I installed the software on my computer, and once the software is installed you are able to sign up for an account.
- Once the account is created you are good to go and now able to access files on your computer from the web anywhere around the world.
- To access your new Avvenu Share account from your Windows Smartphone open IE on your mobile and type https://share.avvenu.com/login/ in the address bar.
- You’ll get a login screen were you use the same username and password you selected during the creation of your account. That’s it, you’re in!
The Bottom Line: This service is freakin’ sweet! It’s a must for anyone that wants to be connected and a hero. It’s also hard to wrong with the price tag of free. Yeah for Free!