It took me awhile, but I finally figured out how to set up my Ping.fm account in Tweetie. I thought I would take a moment to write up a quick guide to walk you through the process of setting up your Ping.fm in Tweetie in case you are having trouble. The process is simple you just need to have faith…
Learn more about the iPhone Twitter app Tweetie. (You’ll need iTunes to to view this page.)
A Step by Step Guide to Setting Up Ping.fm on the iPhone Twitter App Tweetie:
- Launch Tweetie on your iPhone. (Please Note: The settings for Ping.fm are not located in the Tweetie Settings under Settings. But, you will need to have the multiple accounts option turned on for this to work. That is found under settings.)
- Tap the Accounts button in the upper left corner of the app.
- Tap the Edit button in the upper left hand corner of the app.
- Tap on the Twitter account you would like to attach to your Ping.fm account to. Do not worry touching the account name will not “Delete” the account.
- Tap on the Advanced options.
- Tap on the Ping.fm option.
- Enter in your Mobile Key from Ping.fm. Go to http://ping.fm/key to get your key.
- Success!!! You should now see an Authorized alert pop up.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
P.S. I don’t know about you, but I’m really digging the new Dark theme for Tweetie. It’s Nice.