You can safely overclock your Samsung Blackjack up to 252 MHz. The default processor speed for the Blackjack is 216 MHz. I haven’t heard of anyone having issues once they overclock the phone. I’ve had mine overclocked for weeks with no problems. I bumped mine to run at 240MHz and have seen very little impact on the battery life of my phone. Don’t just take my word for it Google It (Overclock Blackjack) and do your own research to make sure you are comfortable with this.
Standard Disclaimer: I must state that I take no responsibility for the actions of anyone reading this blog. If something of yours breaks because you did something I talked about, it’s your fault, not mine. Sprechen Sie Deutsch?
You may ask yourself… How can I overclock my Samsung Blackjack? Let me explain how…
- First and foremost you’ll need to unlock your phone. Read my earlier post on how to unlock your Blackjack. If you do not unlock your phone none of the following recommendations will work.
- Now that your phone is prepped for overclocking you’ll need to download a few applications. From the research I’ve done, there are a hundred ways to do this, but a developer by the name of Tom Gech has created a nifty little application to speed up the process and make overclocking your Blackjack a breeze. Tom created a program called OmapClockPlus which is a helper file for an application called OmapClock. OmapClock does the actual overclocking of your phone, here’s the readme file translated from Russian. You’ll need both these applications to set up continuous overclocking on your Blackjack. Go to this post on forum.xda-developers.com and download the following (2) files:
- OmapClock & OmapClockPlus Manual Installation.zip (13.4 KB)
- OmapClockPlus_Wm_Smartphone.zip (4.3 KB)
- Unzip OmapClock & OmapClockPlus Manual Installation.zip
- Unzip OmapClockPlus_Wm_Smartphone.zip
- Create an “OmapClock” folder in the “Program Files” folder on your Blackjack (e.g. \Program Files\OmapClock) and then copy the OmapClock.exe and OmapClockPlus.exe from the OmapClockPlus_Wm_Smartphone.zip file to this location.
- By default the overclock speed for this setup is 240MHz. If you want to increase the speed to 252MHz open the File: OmapClock.lnk with NotePad or some other text editor and change the “-clock 240″ to “-clock 252″ and hit save.
- Copy the OmapClock.lnk file to the Startup folder on your Blackjack. (e.g. \Windows\Startup)
- Download the following file by right click the following link and click “Save Target As…”. Download File: OmapClock Shortcuts.zip . Unzip and copy the two files to your Blackjack’s Start Menu folder. (e.g. \Windows\Start Menu\Applications)
- Launch OmapClockPlus (e.g. Start > Applications > OmapClockPlus) and click “Register” once OmapClockPlus opens.
- Exit & restart your Blackjack. That’s it! If you want to make sure everything took go to OmapClock (e.g. Start > Applications > OmapClock) and it should say “Current Clock: 252 MHz”.
I hope find this helpful & happy overclocking!