So you want to unlock your Samsung Blackjack? Unlocking your Blackjack cell phone will give the ability to put the SIM card from any carrier in it so you can use on their network. This will let you use the incredible Blackjack on Sprint if you want too. Now you can go overseas and use a pay as you go SIM from a local carrier. Cool right?
I know my earlier post on “How to Perform an Application Unlock on the Blackjack” caused some confusion because some of you thought I was talking about a SIM unlock. I’m hoping this information helps.
How to Unlock Your Blackjack:
- First you’ll need to get your Network Control Key. The Network Control Key is a 8 digits unlock code. There are two paths to get your NCK. You can either call AT&T or ask for it. You may have to ask them to put you through to their tech department. If you’ve never signed up for AT&T’s Service they may not give the code because your not a customer. The other way to get the code is to contact a cell phone unlocking service. They usually charge around $20 to get this code for you.
- Once you get the Network Control Key power off the phone.
- Remove the SIM card.
- Power on the phone back on.
- Enter #7465625*638*
- Enter Network Control Key.
- Press “OK” Soft key, not the Send or OK hard key.
- Power off the phone.
- Reinsert the new SIM card.
Based on the response from people that have tried this I assume it works. I have no need to unlock my phone because I live in the States and I enjoy using AT&T as my services provider. So please let me know if this does not work on either the original Samsung Blackjack or the Blackjack II. Good luck!